Please read everything before you purchase.
There are NO refunds due to nature that it is a download and once you have the downloaded files you can't return them. This is not a beginners project. Excellent project for cnc mini mill owners.
Highlights of the CNC Hobby Router
- The redesign of the X axis the long axis of the machine is more rigid and longer travel.
- Aluminum and MDF construction.
- All aluminum Z axis.
- Real linear bearings on all axis the recirculating ball type.
- Spindle mount for a 3 1/2" router preferably the Porter Cable model 892.
- Can be built for around $1200.00 USD if you make the aluminum parts yourself.
- Nema 23 motor mounts with recommended 425 oz/in size stepper motors and bi-polar drives.
Impressive 45" X 21" X 3" of machine travel.
Requirements to build this machine
- You will need access to or own a CNC milling machine to make your aluminum parts. Can be made on mini mills like the X2 type with 4" by 8" travel. Another tool is a manual lathe to end machine your leadscrews or you might be able to get the mfg. to machine them for you.
- You will need to construct a table 60" by 40" for the machine base. Needs to be level and flat.
- You will need to know how to read mechanical drawings
- You will need to download this free drawing viewer to view the files. Files are DWG format.
- You will need to know how to exercise shop safety . Always wear safety glasses and never touch moving parts of a machine tool.
- Experience building machine parts and assembly of machine parts.
What comes with the plans
- You get an assembly PDF file
- Bill of materials with suppliers and prices
- 27 detailed AutoCad compatible part drawings.
- One on one help from me.
The software, electronics and stepper motors are not included. You can find these at Probotix or Kelinginc and the software at Artsoft.
While all the requirements are not listed just the most critical ones are. You will also need basic machinist tools and some carpentry tools as well.
- You agree by purchasing these plans that you are responsible for the construction and operation of your machine.
- You also agree that cnchobbyrouter.com and it's owners are not liable for any damages to you or your machine from the use of these plans.
- There is no guarantee implied that your machine build will be successful.
- You are allowed to build this machine for your own personal use and not for commercial sale.
- The plans while in your possession do not constitute you rights to sell the plans . They are copyright material of cnchobbyrouter.com and its owners.